Compulsory Uniform List
The compulsory uniform consists of:
Dark, bottle green pleated knee length skirt or trousers in the acceptable school styles below:
- Dark, bottle green religious dress in plain, cotton fabric.
- Strictly no jeans style trousers, tight trousers or leggings are permitted.
- Plain white blouse with shirt collar to be worn by all. Shirts can be long sleeved or short sleeved.
- Plain white vest top can be worn under the school shirt if necessary.
- Dark, bottle green sweater, cardigan or sweatshirt without any logo.
No other colours of sweater or cardigan are permitted.
- Plain black, white or bottle green knee socks, ankle socks or tights are to be worn at all times. Over the knee socks are not permitted.
- Plain black low-heeled sensible shoes or boots. Trainers and higher heels are not permitted. Footwear must have black laces and not have pattern, colour or large branded logos.
- Denim, leather or faux leather jackets and hoodies are not permitted to be worn to or from school, or in school.
- Plain, BLACK coat or jacket that is suitably waterproof. This will be compulsory for all Year 7 students from September 2017 and for all Year 8 and 9 students from January 2018.
- Plain, DARK coat or jacket that is suitably waterproof for all Year 10 and 11 students.
- Hijabs must be plain white or dark bottle green with no fringe and must be worn pinned securely.
- School blazer with WSFG logo (see above) is compulsory for Years 7 and 8. This must be worn at all times. The blazer is optional for Years 9 -11.
- Facial coverings are not permitted to be worn in school and if worn to or from school, must be removed once the student enters the school gate.
- Make-up, if worn, must be minimal and discreet. False eyelashes, eye lash extensions, acrylic or other types of nail extensions are not permitted.
- Students are permitted to wear one small stud in each ear (which should be no bigger than the size of a pea) and a wrist watch only. Facial piercings and visible body piercings (including tongue piercings) are not permitted. Any other jewellery items will be confiscated and will only be returned to parents / carers at the end of each half term.
- Hair must be of a natural colour and hair of a non-natural colour is not permitted. All hair accessories must be small, discreet and plain.
- Coloured or patterned contact lenses are not permitted.
- The school reserves the right to ask a student who is not in correct uniform to remove non-uniform items or change into uniform items provided by the school for the day.
- The school does not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of any confiscated items.