The National Award for Middle Leaders (NAML)
The National Award for Middle Leaders
The National Award for Middle Leaders (NAML) is a middle leadership programme provided by the Schools, Students and Teachers network (SSAT). It is aimed at members of staff aspiring or new to middle leadership. NAML is an accredited course, which is run for schools across Waltham Forest. In order to achieve accreditation, delegates must complete all 10 of the available modules as well as a whole school enquiry based project. This takes place over a two-year period.
The ten modules are:
- Vision and values
- Developing your leadership approach
- Building a high performance team
- Leading your team day-to-day
- What makes the most effective teaching and learning
- Observations for improvement
- Using data for impact
- Fostering positive behaviour for learning
- Leading and managing innovation and change
- Supporting your team
Currently, our Waltham Forest trained facilitators are Marianna Philippou (AHT Walthamstow School for Girls) and Louise Cowburn (AHT Holy Family Catholic School and Sixth Form).