News from our Science Faculty
For more information about subjects taught by this Faculty, please see the subject page for Science
To meet our Science Faculty staff, please click here.
Royal Parks National School Competition: Grand Bug Designs
This competition is open to all our Year 7 students.
This winter Royal Parks are challenging you to redesign your school’s outdoor space to become a more invertebrate-happy habitat.
They want you to use your imagination to conjure up the finest, most bugtastic home possible to enter into our competition.
What do I need to do?
- Outline how your design will invite invertebrates into your school grounds.
- Tell us what materials you would use for the project. The more eco-friendly, the better!
- Be as creative and inventive with your design as you like. Think outside the box!
- No outdoor space is too small – design something to suit the space that you have
What can I win?
There are three prizes to be won as follows :
- 1st prize: Your design brought to life, plus one school workshop and one session in your local Royal Park.
- 2nd prize: Invertebrate hotel.
- 3rd prize: Window box with invertebrate-friendly plants.
All prize winners will receive a certificate.
How to enter
What we need from you:
- A description of your area (max 200 words)
- Dimensions of your area
- A current photo of your area
- A description of your design (max 400 words)
- Your annotated design (a single document)
Deadline for entries is the 28th February 3.30pm
Entries need to be submitted to Mrs Sulthana, and the winning entry will be entered for the national competition.
You can find some more information and helpful tips at the Royal Parks website.