High Needs Block Funding Final Consultation
Further survey now open with details of two proposed models
The Local Authority (LA) has consulted on a proposal relating to the High Needs Block (HNB) funding for April 2020 onwards. The HNB is the funding provided by the government for the LA to support pupils with SEND, Alternative Provision and a range of SEND (Special Education Needs & Disability) services.
The consultation contained a range of proposals relating to SEND provision, largely concerning:
- Funding for special schools
- The level of support allocated to SEND advisory services
- A new model for supporting Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Plans to support pupils who are in need of Alternative Provision (AP)
- Plans to support pupils who are in need of Schools Resourced Provision (SRP)
The consultation survey has now closed and a letter giving the latest updates on progress can be found here.
The Local Authority are also consulting on Alternative Provision. More information can be found here.