High Needs Block Funding Consultation
Two Events Planned in June for Waltham Forest Parents
The Local Authority (LA) is consulting on a proposal relating to the High Needs Block (HNB) funding for April 2020 onwards. The HNB is the funding provided by the government for the LA to support pupils with SEND, Alternative Provision and a range of SEND (Special Education Needs & Disability) services.
The consultation contains a range of proposals relating to SEND provision, largely concerning:
- Funding for special schools
- The level of support allocated to SEND advisory services
- A new model for supporting Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Plans to support pupils who are in need of Alternative Provision (AP)
- Plans to support pupils who are in need of Schools Resourced Provision (SRP)
The consultation will begin on Tuesday 21st May and will be open until June 26th at 5.00pm. There are two more consultation events planned.
Wednesday 12th June, 6pm-7.30pm - ‘Hazel Room’, The Paradox Centre, 3 Ching Way, Chingford,
E4 8YD (Disabled access, toilets and free parking in surrounding area)
Tuesday 18th June, 6pm-7.30pm - ‘The Hall’, Leytonstone Library, Church Lane, Leytonstone,
E11 1HG (Disabled access and toilets)
You are encouraged to come along to one of these events to find out more about the proposed changes.
The consultation will be in the form of an on-line Survey Monkey.
The full letter from the Director of Learning & System Leadership can be found here.