Year 9 Trip to the University of Cambridge
Year 9 Trip to Cambridge on 4th July 2023
On 4th July, 12 students from Year 9 had the opportunity to visit Gonville and Caius College at the University of Cambridge. After a talk by Gwyneth Hamand, the London Outreach Officer, several Cambridge students spoke about their experiences, including the interview process.
The importance of Super-Curricular activities was emphasized. These are activities that take your subject beyond what you have learnt at school. They are different to Extra-Curricular activities, which are activities outside of the curriculum.
Here are some examples of Super Curricular activities:
- Reading widely beyond the syllabus
- Starting a blog about your subject
- Tweeting about your subject, and following others who do the same
- Listening to subject-related podcasts
- Joining a society or club dedicated to your subject
- Visiting museums and galleries
- Watching relevant documentaries
- Watching TED talks
- Using Oxplore | The Home of Big Questions
- Using Staircase12 - University College Oxford (Univ) - Staircase12
Following this, there was a guided tour, followed by lunch in a grand dining hall.