At Walthamstow School for Girls we strongly value our school, local and wider community and understand the importance of community spirit and working together. We love to support others and always value the support that we receive back from them.
- Community Party - each year we host a party for local senior citizens, with music from our steel pan band, gifts for all, a free raffle and afternoon tea prepared and served by our students.
- Primary links activities – we offer a comprehensive programme of activities linking with our local “feeder” primary schools, these help prepare Year 6 students for their transition.
- Intercultural event – celebrating the diverse cultures of our school and local community.
- The GREEN project - an annual project themed around Identity and involving the whole of Year 7, which culminates in our GREEN Day charity fundraiser and art exhibition, which is open to students, staff and parents/carers.
- We also support local charities and initiatives, including Eat or Heat (our local foodbank).
- Working with Maud Milton and our local community to design and produce the mosaics on display outside our school.
We believe that working with our community helps students to build a sense of empathy and responsibility as well as encouraging them to build positive relationships. It adds value to learning and provides real life, meaningful experiences to support this.