What is a Specialist Leader in Education?
An SLE will be an experienced middle or senior leader who is interested in supporting middle and senior leaders in other schools.
You must have at least 1 specialism from our areas of expertise, which are based on the areas of focus in the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework (September 2016).
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a good understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- a good understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others
For full details and further information on what a SLE will entail, please CLICK HERE.
We currently have SLEs who specialise in the following subjects:
Drama and Performing Arts
Maths – KS2/3 Transition
Modern Foreign Languages