What is the WSFG Alumnae Association?
Welcome to the WSFG Alumnae – a community of ex students and staff of Walthamstow School for Girls (WSFG), formerly known as Walthamstow High School (WHS).
The Alumnae Association has been active for a number of years, existing first as the Old Girls Association and being re-launched as the WSFG Alumnae in 2000 under the headship of Jane Quigley.
The association is run and governed by its 14 committee members, who include past students, ex-staff members and current staff at the school.
As a paid member you can enjoy:
- Regular mailings of the quarterly Alumnae News – our very own alumnae magazine
- Greensheet Plus – the bumper edition of the school newsletter, which is sent out at the end of each term
- Special invitations to school events including, but not limited to, the annual Carol Concert , Steel Pans concerts and other school productions
- A key ring as a free gift and memento
All of the above will only cost you £7 per year.
We are always keen to hear about how we can make the alumnae membership offer even better. Therefore do share any ideas with us about how we can make the membership package benefit all of our members.
What we have done
With the help of membership fees and generous donations from our member base, we have been able to help students and staff, past and present, in their personal and professional lives. We have also contributed to key developments and the maintenance of the school over the years.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the things we’ve achieved:
- Framed and displayed photographs of Headmistresses Miss Hewett and Miss Norris for display in the school LRC amongst those of other previous Headteachers of the school
- Supported the costs of the annual Community Party held at the school for local elderly residents
- Presented the Janet Hoad trophy to the most improved student from KS2 to KS4 at the annual Presentation Evening, as well as a shield and clock to honour a student who has made an outstanding contribution to the school and the community each year
- Purchased sunshades for the students’ outdoor picnic area
- Preserved archive material – have a look at some of this in our photo gallery
We have many more plans in store, including creating a dedicated alumnae area in the school.