KEY DATES 2022-2023
Parent / Carer Information Evening
Please click here to view our slides from the Information Evening.
Worried or Anxious?
Here is a booklet full of information that we hope will help our students and parents/carers during this uncertain time ...
Lunch Money Loans
Lunch money loans should be for emergency purposes only.
Walthamstow School for Girls offers a Top-Up facility via sQuid enabling both students and parents to check balances, top-up lunch money, pay for trips and other sundry items at their own convenience.
An automatic Top-Up can also be activated ensuring your daughter never runs out of money.
A reminder to parents/carers that if you wish to pay for your daughter’s school meals by cheque, please make the cheque payable to ‘Olive Dining Ltd’.
All students are given usernames and passwords to enable payments to be made online via our sQuid system. If you would like a reminder of your daughter’s username and password, please contact Student Services.
WSFG Office 365 Guide
For your information and to help you support your daughter's learning both in and out of school here is our Walthamstow School for Girls user guide for Office365. This should provide you with any information you need when accessing online learning.
With kind regards,
Year 7 Student Progress Leader
Associate Assistant Headteacher
Dear Parent / Carer
Parent App – easy access to important school information
We have a convenient way to share information with you about your daughter’s school life. In the next few days you will be able to access our new parent app and website.
You can access the system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
What you will find in the SIMS Parent App initially:
- Important information related to your daughter’s attendance and timetables
- School term, inset dates, calendar events at the click of a button
- Access to your child’s school report
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
- If you have more than one child at school, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
As we develop the system, we hope to provide data related to your daughter’s progress in subject areas, homework set and her conduct over the course of the next academic year.
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your daughter’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress.
Getting started with the SIMS Parent App
1. We will send you an activation email within the next two weeks to the email address we hold for you on our records; simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
2. You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
3. From your smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple), download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store - search for “SIMS Parent”. (You can do this in advance of receiving the activation email).
4. From a PC or Windows phone, login online at http://www.sims-parent.co.uk
Your activation email link will expire after 14 days if it is not used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a new activation email link after this date or have any further questions about the new SIMs Parent App.